NB Parents and students are advised that all requests for post-results services must be submitted through the relevant examination centre.
Following the publication of results for each examination series, WJEC offers a range of post-results services relating to reviews of marking and moderation and access to examination scripts. Services include:
- Clerical re-check- a re-check of clerical procedures leading to the issue of a result
- Post-results review of marking- a review of the original marking to ensure that the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly
- Access to scripts – an electronic version of the script, either as a priority or non-priority service
- Post-results review of moderation
Advice and guidance is available in the following documents:
- WJEC Guide to Post Results Services
- WJEC Post Results Services Fees and Deadlines
- WJEC Quick Guide to Post Results Services
- JCQ Post Results Services
WJEC follows the same procedures in January as the JCQ procedures for the June and November series.
If you wish to submit an application for a review or apply for access to scripts, centres can do this online via WJEC's secure website.
If private candidates have concerns about their examination results and wish to make an application for a review or if they wish to apply for access to scripts, they should contact their entering centre for advice. Private candidates may also apply to WJEC directly by requesting an application form from email@example.com
WJEC follows the JCQ processes on appeals as documented in the JCQ 'Guide to the awarding bodies' appeals processes'.
Our 'Appeals - A guide for centres' document outlines WJEC's processes for appeals concerning reviews of marking and moderation, malpractice, access arrangements, special consideration and other examination and assessment administrative decisions.
Post Results Services Team LeaderAlyson Harris
GCSE English/English Literature CoordinatorDaniel Baish