Ofqual has issued guidance to all awarding organisations that offer vocational and technical awards on the actions required to deliver timely results this academic year and beyond.
We can confirm that we will undertake term-time checkpoints before the main exam series begins in May. The checkpoints are designed to ensure students receive their results when they need them. The arrangements will apply to Level 3, Level 1/2 and Level 2 VTQs, used for progression.
You can see the timelines below:
- January and Summer Exam Series
- Level 1 Latin
- Level 1 / 2 Vocational and Technical Awards
- Level 2 and 3 Health and Social Care and Childcare
- Level 3 Applied Certificates and Diplomas
- Level 3 Foundation Diplomas Art and Design
To facilitate this entry check, we will:
- Share qualification cash-in information with centres
- Process any amendments as required
- Require a declaration from the Head of Centre to confirm entries
We will also check that:
- Centres have submitted candidate outcomes for all candidates entered
- The work uploaded by centres for moderation complies with the sample generated by us
- If required, further or additional samples have been uploaded by centres
We will be seeking assurances from all centres that accurate entries are submitted for all students expecting to receive a result. Please note that failure to meet term-time checkpoints and deadlines may adversely affect a candidate’s result.
Need further information?
- You can find further information on entries dates and deadlines here
- Please also ensure that you follow all relevant internal assessment submission procedures, as outlined here
We recognise the work required to ensure the effective delivery of timely results for VTQ students and appreciate your ongoing commitment and support.
Our team continues to be on-hand to help you as you plan and prepare for the year ahead. If you require further advice or guidance, please contact us.