New Qualification Briefing: Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales (AdvSBW) FREE EVENT
WJEC is developing a new Level 3 Advanced Skills Baccalaureate qualification that will replace the current Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate. The new qualification will be available for first teaching from September 2023.
This 30-minute, online briefing event will provide an overview of the new qualification, its content and assessment structure, and how the qualification will benefit learners. There will be a Q and A session and an opportunity to send in questions prior to the briefing.
Aimed at curriculum designers, Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate Coordinators and others interested in finding out more about the qualification. The session will be led by our WJEC Framework Manager for English events and Regional Support Officers for the Welsh events.
Once registered, you will be sent a link to join the live Webinar in advance of the event. Click on the date below to book your place.
|21 June 2022 (English)||
12.30 – 13.00
|21 June 2022 (Welsh)||
12.30 – 13.00
|23 June 2022 (English)||15.30 – 16.00|
|23 June 2022 (Welsh)||15.30 – 16.00|
This event is free of charge
- If your preferred event is closed for online bookings, please email the Professional Learning Team email@example.com to book or make an enquiry.
- Please note that this session will be recorded.
- By booking this event, you agree to WJEC Terms and Conditions. To view, please visit wjec.co.uk/cpd
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our online events soon.
Further Education Colleges
SCC Coordinators, Managers and Challenge Leads at FE Colleges will have the opportunity to attend a briefing event during their Network Meeting on 22 June 2022. You can request an invite to this event by contacting the FE Support Officer, Emma Vincent firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of the new Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales qualification
The new Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales qualification will be based on key decisions that came out of Qualification Wales’ consultation:
- The current Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be withdrawn with the final award of the qualification in Summer 2024.
- A new Level 3 qualification will be introduced to replace the Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate. Available to learners from September 2023, awarded for the first time in Summer 2025.
- The new qualification will be equivalent in size and demand to an A Level and will be graded A*-E.
- The new qualification will be available as a standalone qualification that can be taken alongside other general and vocational qualifications as part of a diverse programme of learning.