Medical Science Level 3
WJEC is pleased to offer two new qualifications for use by centres in England and Wales from September 2016:
- Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science
- Level 3 Certificate in Medical Science
The qualifications have been developed in conjunction with Universities and Clinical Pathology laboratories. They provide an engaging and meaningful context led approach to the development of scientific knowledge and skills, and enable learners to develop the tools necessary to understand, assess and suggest solutions to real-world medical problems and challenges. The qualifications place significant stress on the development of good practical skills necessary to monitor health and disease.
- Medical science Pre-release for Unit 1 and Unit 6 are available below
- Medical science Units 2,3+4 samples and marks are to be submitted by the 15th May.
- Medical science Unit 5 work should be sent to an examiner by the 15th May.
Internal Assessment Mark Input System
Please note that the marks for the internal assessments/controlled assessments are to be submitted via the Internal Assessment Mark Input System (IAMIS) on the secure website. The work should be despatched to moderators by the 15th May. For further information, please refer to the Internal Assessment Manual.
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here.
Pre-Release Summer 2019
The pre-release material for unit 6 Medical science is now available.
The pre-release material for unit 1 Medical science is now available.
New letters of support (October 2015)
The following letters of support have been received from Higher Education Institutions:
- Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science - Specification
- Level 3 Certificate in Medical Science - Specification
- Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science - Specimen Assessment Materials
- Level 3 Certificate in Medical Science - Specimen Assessment Materials
We offer a range of additional resources to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Continuing Professional Development
We are holding a series of CPD courses from the autumn term to support teachers delivering Level 3 Medical Science. Book your place by clicking the course link below:
For further information, please contact:
Subject OfficerLlinos Wood
029 2240 4252
Subject Support OfficerSarah Price
029 2240 4252