Environmental Science Level 3
WJEC is pleased to announce the development of two exciting new level 3 qualifications in Environmental Science. These qualifications will be available for first teaching in England and Wales from September 2015:
- Level 3 Diploma in Environmental Science QAN 601/4550/X
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Environmental Science QAN 601/4551/1
The Diploma requires 360 guided learning hours of teaching (equivalent to one GCE A level) while the Extended Diploma requires 720 guided learning hours (equivalent to two GCE A level). Both qualifications will be included in the summer 2017 performance tables (England) and attract UCAS points.
Want to know more? Please read Frequently Asked Questions.
Environmental Science Level 3 Diploma Specification
Environmental Science Level 3 Extended Diploma Specification
Environmental Science Level 3 Diploma Specimen Assessment Materials
Environmental Science Level 3 Extended Diploma Specimen Assessment Materials
Environmental Science Level 3 Controlled Assessment Material
Environmental Science Level 3 Resources
Statement of purpose
The following Universities have submitted letters of support which confirm they agreed to accept this qualification within a learner's portfolio for entry onto Environmental Science and/or other related courses.
Letters of support
- Environmental science pre-release for Unit 4 is now available here
- Environmental science Units 1,3,6,7+8 samples and marks are to be submitted by the 15th May
- Environmental science Units 2,5+9 work should be sent to an examiner by the 15th May.
Internal Assessment Mark Input System
Please note that the marks for the internal assessments/controlled assessments are to be submitted via the Internal Assessment Mark Input System (IAMIS) on the secure website. The work should be despatched to moderators by the 15th May. For further information, please refer to theInternal Assessment Manual.
Online CPD Webinars- Environmental Science
Click on the image below to gain access to our online CPD webinar recording.
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
For further information, please contact:
Subject OfficerLlinos Wood
029 2240 4252
Subject Support OfficerSarah Price
029 2240 4252