Level 3 Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales
Teaching: Sep 2023
We are currently developing the new Level 3 Advanced Skills Baccalaureate qualification which will replace the Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate from September 2023.
This exciting, new Level 3 qualification will support learners to become effective, responsible, and active citizens ready to take their place in a sustainable global society and in the workplace.
Through completing the Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales qualification, learners will:
- develop, apply and be assessed on their skills of Planning and Organisation; Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving; Creativity and Innovation; and Personal Effectiveness (the ‘Integral’ Skills)
- be given opportunities to further develop their skills of Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competence (the ‘Embedded’ Skills)
- develop an appreciation of the importance of skills development as a key aspect of life-long learning
- engage in active, creative, and learner-led opportunities
- enquire and think for themselves, plan, make choices and decisions, solve problems, and reflect on and evaluate these
- develop initiative, independence, and resilience
- work independently, take on responsibilities and work effectively with others.
The draft specification will be made available in June 2022 and a series of online briefing events will provide an overview of the new qualification, its content and assessment structure, and how the qualification will benefit learners.
More events coming soon. Make sure you sign up for updates to know when dates are released.
New Qualification Briefing
For more information on the New Qualification Briefing session for Level 3 Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales, please click here.
Have a question about Level 3 Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.