We want you! Join our Learner Advisory Group today
We believe it’s important to listen to the voices of our learners, and as we work to develop the new GCSEs and related qualifications as part of Qualification Wales’ project “Qualified for the Future”, we are looking for learners from across Wales to join our Learner Advisory Group.
Commenting on this new advisory group, Jonathan Thomas, PR and Brand Manager at WJEC: “Learners are at the heart of everything we do, and as we co-construct these new qualifications, we feel it is extremely important that their views are heard during the development process. This is an amazing opportunity for learners across Wales to feedback on our ideas and understand the process of developing our qualifications.”
Why join our Learner Advisory Group?
Members of the Learner Advisory Group are central to the development of our qualifications. In this role members will be expected to undertake some or all of the following:
- Give your views on qualification design.
- Contribute from a learner's perspective.
- Participate in additional discussions around WJEC products e.g. website, social media and learner content.
How will you benefit?
In addition to being able to help shape the future of education in Wales, being a member of our Learner Advisory Group offers a number of benefits including:
- Meet students from across Wales and work with our friendly Qualification Development Team.
- Use and develop your critical thinking and communications skills.
- Develop your time management skills.
- Add this great opportunity in your personal statement and refer to in your next interviews!
- Receive a £20 Amazon gift voucher.
Who is eligible?
To become a member, you will need to be:
- A learner aged 14-19 from a range of learning programmes.
- Have good verbal communication skills and a desire to contribute to discussions.
How to apply:
We have now closed our application portal for the Learner Advisory Group. Thank you for all of those who have applied.
Successful candidates will soon be contacted by someone in our team to discuss the next steps.
If you are interested in being involved in our next Learner Advisory Group, then please get in touch with Gwen on the following email address: email@example.com