We’ve been working with teachers and other subject experts to review and update our suite of Key Stage 4 Vocational Awards, taking account of feedback received from you.
In redeveloping these qualifications, we’ve been careful to retain the elements that you’ve told us are important including:
- simple qualification structures, minimising the number of assessments students are required to complete
- clear and straightforward qualification specifications setting out what students need to know, understand and be able to do
- a minimum of 60% non-examination assessment, providing students with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding through practical and engaging tasks.
At the same time, we’ve made changes to support student achievement and progression including introducing mark-based non-examination assessments that are compensatory within and across units.
We’ll be introducing new or refreshed specifications in the following subject areas.
- Global Business Communication (French)
- Global Business Communication (German)
- Global Business Communication (Spanish)
- Hospitality and Catering
- Performing Arts
- Retail Business
- Sport and Coaching Principles
In addition, our Vocational Awards in Tourism and Constructing the Built Environment remain available.
We’re excited to share our developments with you and will be holding webinars in June 2021, following regulatory feedback, to introduce the revised suite. These webinars will be followed by subject specific events providing a more detailed look at each subject and the support available.
To receive updates about these redeveloped qualifications and future events, please subscribe to our subject updates.