We welcome Ofqual’s clarification and Qualifications Wales statement on the approach awarding organisations will need to take in awarding vocational, technical and other general qualifications this summer, as a result of the announcements that exams in schools and colleges in Wales and England would be cancelled in order to help fight the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will engage with Ofqual and with Qualifications Wales, as appropriate, and as soon as possible to discuss and agree our approach to awarding the following WJEC qualifications:
- Vocational Awards (Level 1/2 Technical Awards)
- Applied Certificates and Diplomas (Level 3 Applied General Qualifications)
- Latin Language Qualifications
- Additional Maths
- Entry Level Certificates
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- Pathways Qualifications (including Entry Pathways, Iaith ar Waith, Cymraeg Gwaith and Modern Language qualifications)
- Essential Skills for Work and Life
- Essential Skills Wales Qualifications
- Health and Social Care and Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development qualifications
Once we are assured that our approaches meet regulatory requirements we will contact our centres to provide detailed information on the next steps.
We thank you for your continued support and patience during this challenging and unprecedented times, as we progress in finalising arrangements to ensure that our learners receive a fair qualification grade this summer so they can progress.