Support team for the Welsh language in education
Following cuts to annual funding contributed by Welsh Local Authorities, the work of the Support team for the Welsh language has been terminated since summer 2015. As there are many useful resources remaining in this part of the website we will continue to maintain this page and we also continue to support some of the National Conferences.
The Support team for the Welsh language in education is managed by WJEC on behalf of the Welsh Government and the local authorities of Wales. The team:
- prepares training packages
- delivers training events on aspects of teaching Welsh and Welsh Second Language
- maintains a register of assistant trainers who are available to provide training on every aspect of teaching Welsh and Welsh Second Language
- organises annual national conferences
- supports local authorities and schools in relation to the Late Language Immersion scheme
Here are some resources to help you
- Pupils' testimony - this film could be used in meetings with prospective parents of late immersion pupils
- Sharing information and experiences - Late Language Immersion coordinators, head teachers and pupils sharing experiences
- 'Trochi Iaith Bynciol' - Welsh language document
- Late Language Immersion resources available in March 2013
- Answering teacher's questions
- Examples of curriculum plans - with thanks to Ysgol Maes Garmon, Mold, Flintshire
- Language immersion scheme - Ysgol Morgan Llwyd, Wrexham. This booklet outlines how the late immersion scheme works at this school.
- Canolfan Iaith Porthmadog - This film shows secondary age learners' linguistic progress whilst getting immersed in the Welsh language for a period of eight weeks in the centre. Evidence from former pupils of the centre is also included.
For further information please contact: