Do I qualify?
To become a Principal Examiner or Moderator, you will need to meet the criteria outlined below:
- to be a current or retired teacher or lecturer with at least two years' recent teaching experience in the subject you are applying for
- relevant assessment experience from a previous examining or moderating role
- suitable academic qualifications in the subject such as a degree and a teaching qualification
- to be a UK resident
- to provide details of referees who we may contact. Referees should be your current or most recent head teacher or head of department where possible.
- to have experience managing a team
- to have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- to be available to provide support via telephone and email to Examiners or Moderators in your team
- to be available for a maximum of 10 days a year which may be during term time, weekends or holiday time to attend QPECs (Question paper examiner conference), present at team leaders conferences and examiner conferences and attend standardising and awarding meetings
- to be available for a period of approximately 6 weeks when work is being undertaken by Examiners and/or Moderators through to the awarding meeting
- to have your own Windows PC or laptop with internet access outside of school premises
Some criteria may vary depending on the qualification. Please refer to the specific job description for specific requirements.
Please view the Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 029 2026 5050. Please note, our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.