Physics GCE A/AS
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Physics qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
New GCE AS/A level qualifications for Wales
The accredited specification and specimen assessment material for 2015 are now available:
Free Exam Question Bank launched
This advanced tool will enable teachers to create and print tailored test papers similar to real exams. Question Bank aims to help teachers consolidate students' learning and better identify areas of weakness.
Resources to support the teaching of the new WJEC AS/A level Physics specification
- Data Booklet
- Teacher / Technician practical guidance sheets
- General student practical guidance
- Student practical record
- Terms, definitions and units booklet
- Guidance notes for Lasers / Particle physics
NEW specification – Unit 5 practical examination dates
- Experimental task - Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 March 2017
- Practical analysis task - Friday 24 March 2017
Key Internal Assessment Dates 2015-2016
- Preliminary entries deadline for PH3 and PH6 - October 2015
- Confidential Instructions for PH3 sent to centres - February 2016
- Confidential Instructions for PH6 sent to centres - December 2015
- PH3: 28 and 29 April 2016
- PH6: Experimental Task 15 and 16 March 2016
- PH6: Data Analysis Task 11 March 2016
- Welsh version of the Summer 2015 marking scheme is now available from the secure website.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
Question Bank - create your own GCE AS/A Physics question paper
Question Bank is a free tool which allows you to create practice question papers from thousands of past paper questions. In just a few clicks, you can create your own customised paper from our bank of WJEC examination questions. Find the questions you need, add them to your paper and export your paper with accompanying mark scheme and examiner's comments as a PDF ready to use in the classroom.
- Online examination review - now available
This resource allows you to analyse results and identify strengths and weaknesses. Key questions have been selected for each unit from the Summer 2013 and 2014 series and exemplar pupil responses provided, along with feedback from the principal examiner.
- Please follow this link to obtain the Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- Past papers and marking schemes for the current specification are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
For further information, please contact:
Helen Francis - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5081
Matthew Roberts - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5380
GCE AS/A level Physics Examiners' Report Summer 2015Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2015 Principal Examiners' Report, providing feedback on the Summer 2015 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.