Modern Foreign Languages
WJEC offers a range of Modern Foreign Language qualifications to schools and colleges across England and Wales.
GCE A level
These qualifications are popular with centres for a number of reasons including:
- the clarity of the specifications and assessment material
- the quality of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provision for teachers
- the reliability of the examination and moderation process
- the approachability and accessibility of WJEC's staff
Join Our Team: Become an Examiner or Moderator
We are currently recruiting examiners and moderators for GCSE, AS/A level and/or Level 1/Level 2 qualifications for next summer's examination series. If you have at least two years teaching experience and would like to apply, please create an account to complete the online application process.
For more information on becoming an examiner, including vacancies and benefits, please visit our appointees page.
Resources and Support
We provide comprehensive resources and support to teachers including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses throughout the UK.
- free past papers and mark schemes available on our Secure Website.
- Teachers' Guides.
- free innovative digital educational resources.
- our free Online Exam Review: a tool which allows teachers to analyse item level data, critically assess sample question papers and receive examiner feedback. This resource is designed to improve critical thinking skills, assist teachers in preparing students for examinations and stimulate classroom discussion.
- a range of support materials through our online bookshop.
For further information, please contact:
Amanda Roberts - Subject Officer
French (GCSE/GCE A level) and German (GCSE)
Telephone: 029 2026 5045
Karl Sage - Subject Officer
Spanish (GCSE/GCE A level) and German (GCE A level)
Telephone: 029 2026 5124
Claire Parry - Subject Officer
MFL vocational qualifications
Telephone: 029 2026 5402
Candice Dempster - Subject Support Officer (GCSE/GCE A level MFL)
Telephone: 029 2026 5031