Media Studies GCSE
GCSE Media Studies Report Summer 2016Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2016 Principal Examiners' reports provide feedback on this Summer's examination series for the new and legacy qualifications. The reports include helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next examination series.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE and GCSE Media Studies qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
For centres in England: Draft WJEC Eduqas GCSE (9-1) Media Studies (for teaching from 2017)
Through our Eduqas brand, WJEC is developing a reformed GCSE (9-1) Media Studies qualification, regulated by Ofqual, for teaching from 2017. This qualification is designed to meet regulatory requirements in England. The draft specification can be found on the Eduqas GCSE (9-1) Media Studies page.
Continuing Professional Development
We are holding a series of CPD courses in spring 2017 to support teachers preparing to deliver GCSE Media Studies (from 2017). Book your place by clicking the course link below:
Grade Boundaries (UMS/Raw Marks)
- Grade Boundaries (UMS/Raw Marks) for previous series are available.
- Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the Uniform Marks document.
- Specimen Assessment Materials
- Teachers' Guide
- Unit 1 Frequently Asked Questions
- Unit 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for unitised specifications
- Film trailers and film posters resource
- Past papers, marking schemes and resources are available free of charge to teachers on our secure website
- Online Exam Review
- Hwb Resources
- Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations
Please note that exemplar material for Unit 2 Controlled Assessment is available on the WJEC Secure Website under: Resources PDF Download > GCSE Media Studies Exemplar
- Submission of Marks for Internal Assessment Guidance
- ME2 Form
- ME3 Form
- Generic Guidance on Controlled Assessment
- Subject Specific Information on Controlled Assessment
For further information, please contact:
Jo Johnson - Subject Officer
Phone: 029 2026 5091
Sally Cunliffe - Subject Support Officer
Phone: 029 2026 5460