Hospitality and Catering
WJEC offers Hospitality and Catering at GCSE and as a Level 1/2 Award. The qualifications have proved popular with teachers because of the flexibility of the assessment, the clarity of the specifications and the quality of CPD training.
Specifications, support material and additional information can be found on the specific page for the qualification.
For centres in England: Accredited WJEC Eduqas GCSE (9-1) Food Preparation and Nutrition (for teaching from 2016)
Through our Eduqas brand, WJEC has developed a reformed GCSE (9-1) Food Preparation and Nutrition qualification, regulated by Ofqual, for teaching from 2016. This qualification meets regulatory requirements in England and has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification can be found on the Eduqas GCSE (9-1) Food Preparation and Nutrition page.
Key Features of WJEC Provision
- Direct email contact with subject officers and administrative support
- Straightforward, efficient administration
- CPD offered across England and Wales
- Teaching and learning resources available from secure website
- Past papers and marking schemes available from secure website
- Item level data available from secure website
- Regular updates via e-mail bulletins webpages
ALL centres in England are required to use linear GCSE specifications from first award in 2014.
The subject content remains exactly the same. The only difference is that the linear specifications all examinations must be taken at the end of course.
In Wales, centres are able to choose to follow either of the two options available:
- linear specifications (first award summer 2014), where candidates sit all their examinations at the end of the course
- existing unitised specifications where assessment may be taken in separate units at stage during the course as is currently the case
Qualification end dates
GCSE Hospitality and Catering: Single Award Catering will be awarded for the last time in Summer 2017.
GCSE Hospitality and Catering: Double Award will be awarded for the last time in summer 2017.
GCSE Hospitality will be awarded for the last time in summer 2018.
For further information, please contact:
Allison Candy - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5093
Gemma Edwards- Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5115