Film Studies GCE AS/A (from 2009)
This page is for the legacy WJEC GCE AS/A level Film Studies qualification only (end date summer 2018, resit only 2019)
All news and updates for the new reformed qualifications in GCE As/A level Film Studies for England and Wales can be found on the Eduqas AS/A level Film Studies page
Moving Image Awards
The Moving Image Awards, designed in partnership with the British Film Institute, recognises and rewards the UK's most talented young film-makers. Every year, students undertaking WJEC qualifications in Film and Media are invited to submit their work for consideration by our panel of judges.
Other items on this page
1. Film Studies teacher community
2. Key dates, bulletins and FAQs
3. FM1 - FM4 resources
1. Film Studies Teacher Community
Join the official WJEC/Eduqas Film Studies Teacher's Community (GCSE, AS and A level) Facebook group to share good practice with other centres taking GCE AS/A level Film Studies.
2. Key Dates, Bulletins and FAQs
3. Resources on FM1 - FM4
Exploring the US and UK Film Industry (resource for Section A).
(3c) FM3 Guidance - produced by Freddie Gaffney (Principal Moderator)
- FM3 Example of Complete Step Outline
- FM3 Step Outline Guidance Structure
- FM3 Screenplay Guidance
- Guidance on Completing 'Aims and Context' FM1 & FM3
Section C - Critical Study
- Fight Club , Happy Together , Les Enfants Du Paradis , Modern Times , Movern Callar , Solaris , Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song , Talk to Her , The Battle of Algiers , Vertigo .
For further information, please contact:
Subject OfficerRebecca Ellis
029 2026 5195
Subject Support OfficerJodie Mearing-Lane
029 2026 5101
GCE Film Studies (Legacy) Examiners' Report Summer 2017Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2017 Principal Examiners' reports provide feedback on this Summer's examination series. The reports include helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next examination series.