Why choose WJEC Extended Project?
Our mission is to offer continuous support and advice to all those who teach WJEC Extended Project in schools and colleges, helping to ensure that students achieve their best. We offer:
- Unlimited access to free educational resources
- Wide range of exemplar materials via our secure website
- Face-to-face CPD training courses
- Only examinations board offering e-portfolio (online submission)
- Free training and continuous support on using the e-portfolio platform
- Centre visits to new centres
- Continuous direct access to subject specialists via email or phone
- Access to Regional Support Officers
- Support and advice for centres on approving project proposals & proposed titles
“I think the Extended Project has been extremely beneficial as it has helped students really prepare for university. I also like it because the support from WJEC is outstanding as we get instant feedback to any queries.” Teacher from Plymouth
"I personally love teaching the Extended Project as it suits not only highly academic learners but also learners who perhaps do not excel in exam situations but work steadily and consistently throughout the year.” College lecturer from West Wales
"Head teachers said the qualification was becoming increasingly popular and could help to strengthen a candidate's university application…. Figures published by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) show that last summer, 33,245 candidates took the qualification, up by 108% from 15,958 in 2010." BBC News (8 Aug 2015)
Visit the Extended Project qualification page for more information.