English / English Language GCSE - Legacy (Out of Wales)
This page is dedicated to Legacy GCSE English / English Language (Out of Wales) only.
Looking for our new specification in England? Eduqas (9-1) GCSE in English Language
Looking for our new and legacy specification in Wales? WJEC GCSE in English Language
- The November 2016 Principal Examiners' Reports for GCSE English / English Language (Out of Wales), providing feedback on the November 2016 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for last re-sit opportunity.
- There will be two re-sit opportunities for the legacy specification in November 2016 and June 2017. Candidates are allowed to carry forward previous controlled assessment marks.
- Where new written controlled assessment is to be entered, the tasks must be selected from the November June 2016/June 2017 booklet which is stored on the secure website.
- Further information on re-sit rules can be found at the following links: WJEC and Ofqual.
Important Re-sit Dates for 2016 - 2017
|12 January||November 2016 Series: Results published|
|9 February||November 2016 Series: Final date for receipt of Enquiries about Results|
|March||November 2016 Series: Certificates issued|
|31 October||Summer 2017 Series: Last date for receipt of intentions to enter (intentions to enter received after this date will not be accepted)|
|21 February||Summer 2017 Series: Last date for receipt of final entries|
|18 March||Summer 2017 Series: Last date for amendments to final entries without late fees|
|24 March||Summer 2017 Series: Deadline for submission of Written Controlled Assessment to moderators (Mainstream Centres)|
|5 May||Summer 2017 Series: Deadline for submission of Written Controlled Assessment to moderators (F.E. centres, Special Schools & PRUs only)|
|5 May||Summer 2017 Series: Deadline for submission of Speaking and Listening sample of records to moderators|
|6 June AM||Summer 2017 Series: GCSE English / English Language Unit 1 exam|
|6 June AM||Summer 2017 Series: GCSE English / English Language Unit 2 exam|
|24 August||Summer 2017 Series: Results published|
|20 September||Summer 2017 Series: Final date for receipt of Enquiries about Results|
|October||Summer 2017 Series: Certificates issued|
Our dedicated Educational Resources team are working in close consultation with teachers and sector leads to produce a range of exciting, diverse and engaging material to support our new GCSE English Language qualification.
Take a look at the existing resources we have for English.
- Changes to early entry at GCSE in England
- Controlled Assessment samples - checklist for centres in England
Welcome to the fourteenth issue of i.e. WJEC's online English magazine.
Please let us know what you think!
All issues of i.e. are available on the i.e. webpage.
Join Our Team: Become an Examiner or Moderator
We are currently recruiting examiners and moderators for GCSE, AS/A level and/or Level 1/Level 2 qualifications for next summer's examination series. If you have at least two years teaching experience and would like to apply, please create an account to complete the online application process.
For more information on becoming an examiner, including vacancies and benefits, please visit our appointees page.
For further information, please contact:
Nancy Hutt - Subject Officer, GCSE English / English Language (Out of Wales only)
Telephone: 029 2026 5023
Matt Oatley - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5054
Lisa Roberts - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5051
GCSE English Language Examiners' Report November 2016Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The november 2016 Principal Examiners' reports provide feedback on this november's examination series. The reports include helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next examination series.