Biology GCE A/AS
New GCE AS/A level qualifications for Wales
The accredited specification and specimen assessment material for 2015 are now available:
NEW specification – Unit 5 practical examination dates
- Experimental task - Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 April 2017
- Practical analysis task - Thursday 6 April 2017
Question Bank - create your own GCE AS/A Biology question paper
Question Bank is a free tool which allows you to create practice question papers from thousands of past paper questions. In just a few clicks, you can create your own customised paper from our bank of WJEC examination questions. Find the questions you need, add them to your paper and export your paper with accompanying mark scheme and examiner's comments as a PDF ready to use in the classroom.
- QER Examples are available on the secure website in Resources PDF Download>Biology (AS/A) teaching from 2015 – Resources>Biology QER Examples.
- Teacher / Technician practical guidance sheets
- General student practical guidance
- Student record
- Resources to support the teaching of the new WJEC AS/A level Biology specification.
- Visit our secure website for free past papers and marking schemes for the previous Biology specification.
Watch the WJEC GCE Biology new specification overview video. GCE AS/A level Biology Subject Officer, Liane Adams explains the new specification for first teaching in 2015 (Wales centres only). The AS/A level Biology Specimen Assessment Materials are also covered in depth.
Grade Boundaries (UMS / Raw Marks)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
For further information, please contact:
GCE Biology/Human Biology Examiners' Report Summer 2015Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2015 Principal Examiners' Report, providing feedback on the Summer 2015 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.