To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Physical Education (Short Course) GCSE
NEW: WJEC linear GCSE Physical Education (Short Course) approved
In common with other awarding organisations, WJEC was recently asked to revise GCSE specifications to make the assessment linear.
We are pleased to announce that the WJEC linear GCSE specification in Physical Education (Short Course) has been approved by the regulators.
The subject content remains exactly the same. The only difference is that, in linear specifications, all examinations must be taken at the end of the course. You may view the revised specification here.
- Coursework Marksheets 2012 are available online.
Teachers are advised to read pages 12 to 16 of the specification for detailed advice relating to the administration of controlled assessment.
The controlled assessment tasks and criteria are printed on pages 17 to 34.
- An extensive "E" book that closely matches the specification has been developed and will be sent to centres on request.
- Support material and additional resources can be found free of charge on NGfL-Cymru.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
Continuing Professional Development
There is a regular programme of Professional Development every autumn delivered by senior examiners and teachers of the courses.
Further details about the CPD courses are available here.
For further information, please contact:
Mike Neale - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5315
Bob Harding - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5097