To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Physical Education Entry Level
The WJEC Entry Level in Physical Education course is popular with centres in both Wales and England.
The scheme is assessed through 100% practical work. Candidates select six activities from:
- Games Activities e.g. soccer, basketball, badminton, hockey
- Gymnastics Activities e.g. gymnastics, trampolining, diving
- Swimming Activities e.g. swimming, life saving
- Athletic Activities e.g. athletics, cycling, weight lifting
- Adventurous Activities e.g. hill walking, sailing, mountain biking
- Exercise Activities e.g.– two from circuit training, weight training, keep fit, aerobics
- Dance e.g. contemporary, traditional, creative, jazz
To ensure balance and variety candidates must choose from at least three of the main categories listed above.
Candidates are internally assessed and in most cases externally moderated.
Moderation takes place during the period March to early May.
This qualification will be discontinued in July 2013.
For teaching from September 2011, the new Physical Education units can be found in the Healthy Living and Fitness qualifications within the new Entry Pathways.
For further information, please contact:
Mike Neale - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5315
Bob Harding - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5097