To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Humanities Entry Pathways
This qualification includes units for developing skills and knowledge in a range of subject areas, including:
- Religious studies
Centres may choose to build the qualification around one subject area, e.g. history. Alternatively it is possible to build a qualification from a range of subject areas, e.g. Geography, Humanities and Religious Studies to give learners a more general experience.
The qualification is available at Entry 2 and Entry 3
- January - must be submitted by 1 October 2013, centres can then amend up to 30 November 2013.
- June - must be submitted by 21 February 2014, centres can then amend up to 30 April.
- No late entries after this date are possible.
- For further information please see the Entry Procedures and Coding Information document.
Work for Moderation
Samples of work for moderation must be with the WJEC by 12 December 2013 for January entries and 4 May 2014 for May entries. Send the work to Rob Williams, Subject Support Officer, Humanities Entry Pathways, WJEC, 245 Western Avenue, Cardiff CF5 2YX
French Units and oral work and Assessment Criterion (AC) 2.2 – there is a requirement in all the French units for candidates to ‘speak in French with some accurate pronunciation about’ the topic of the unit. Work must be submitted in the form of a CD or tape as evidence that the candidate has achieved this criterion to enable moderation. Please also note that the use of a Witness Statement on its own as evidence is not sufficient for moderation and that it is difficult to check whether the work is Entry 2 or Entry 3.
Teaching about historical sources for Humanities units – this document gives teachers guidance on how to use historical sources to suit the amplification and requirements in the assessment criteria.
CPD Provision will be available as an online facility and details will be published shortly.
The latest Examiner Report Summer 2013 is available. This is useful up to date information on submitting work.
- The latest, accredited and correct versions of all the Humanities Pathways UNITS can be found under the tab > Documents (on right hand bar) > Specifications (under > Entry Pathways Humanities General Specification). Please use these versions only and not previous draft versions.
- Witness Statement
- Candidate Authentication Sheet
- Summary Sheet on submitting work
- Entry Pathways Humanities Teachers' Guide - revised 2012.
Resources and materials used in the Autumn 2012 CPD meetings are now on the secure website. Search under:
Resources PDF Download > CPD Materials > Entry Pathways Humanities CPD Autumn 2012
Examples of work from January 2013 is also available in the same location with the file name "Entry Pathways Humanities CPD January 2013"
Exemplar material for the FRENCH units are available on the secure website. Search under:
Resources PDF Download > CPD Materials > Entry Pathways Humanities French Exemplars May 2013
For further information please contact:
Alison Doogan - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5158
Rob Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5313