To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Health and Social Care
WJEC offers a GCSE (Single and Double Award) and GCE (Single and Double Award) in Health and Social Care, with assessment opportunities available in both the winter and summer examination series.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE and GCSE Health and Social Care qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
The GCSE qualification, for teaching from 2009, has a structure of four units (double award) and two units (single award).
The GCE qualification (single and double award), for teaching from 2008, has a structure of twelve units, some of which are mandatory. (The number of these mandatory units will depend on the centre's choice of route through the qualification.)
These qualifications have proved popular with centres for a number of reasons. These include:
- the clarity of the specifications and assessment material
- the quality of continuing professional development (CPD) provision
- the reliability of examining and moderation
- the approachability of WJEC staff
Mandatory controlled assessment features in both the GCSE and GCE Health and Social Care qualifications.
- Support materials and resources are available on the Welsh Government Hwb.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Karen Bushell - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5092
Hilary Wyman - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5333