To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
This GCSE German page contains quick links to featured and key documents for teachers.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, qualifications in both England and Wales which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both countries.
Continuing Professional Development
Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be published shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
WJEC linear GCSE German approved
In common with other awarding organisations, WJEC was recently asked to revise GCSE specifications to make the assessment linear. We are pleased to announce that the WJEC linear GCSE specification in German has been approved by the regulators.
The subject content remains exactly the same. The only difference is that in linear specifications all examinations must be taken at the end of the course. You may view the revised specification here.
- ALL centres in England will be required to use linear GCSE specifications from first award in 2014 (first teaching of two-year courses in September 2012).
- In Wales, centres will be able to choose to follow either of the two options available for courses starting from September 2012:
• linear specifications (first award summer 2014), where candidates sit all their exams at the end of the course
• existing unitised specifications where assessment may be taken in separate units at stages during the course as is currently the case
- WJEC is offering both linear and unitised specifications.
- The content of the two options is the same; the only difference is that in linear assessment all examinations must be taken at the end of the course.
Unitised Specifications - GCSE
Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for GCSE unitised specifications:
Unitised Specifications - GCSE video
It will be possible for pupils to sit the GCSE Listening examination as an (optional) on-screen test. For information about e–assessment, please contact Laura Crook at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 029 20265 328.
- Instructions for submitting controlled assessments
- MFL Bulletin 4
- Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- GCSE Unit Directory
- Allocation of Uniform Marks in GCSE
Specimen Assessment Materials
Teacher Guidance Notes
GCSE Examiners' Reports
Please note that a pro forma for noting advice given to candidates during the preparation period for the controlled assessments will not be provided. Teachers will not have to record and send this advice.
- Controlled Assessment Speaking - Task Bank 2013
- Controlled Assessment Speaking - Task Bank 2011
- Controlled Assessment Writing - Task Bank 2013
- Controlled Assessment Speaking Mark Scheme
- Controlled Assessment Writing Mark Scheme
Past papers and marking schemes are free of charge for teaching staff on our Secure Website.
For further information, please contact:
Rhian Morgan - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5045
Claire Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5031