To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
German GCE A/AS
This GCE German page contains quick links to featured and key documents for teachers.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, qualifications in both England and Wales which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both countries.
Unit 1 Oral examination, please note the following:
Centres conducting their own AS oral tests may open the topic cards 3 working days before the examination.
GN2 – Listening, Reading and Writing
Following the regulator’s request Aufgabe 3, Teil 2 now has seven tick box questions followed by seven comprehension questions to be answered in English or Welsh.
Unit 3 Oral examination, please note the following:
Unit 3 Structured Discussion
The examiner will offer the candidate a choice of 2 cards at random. The candidate, without studying the cards, will decide which title they wish to prepare.
Minor changes to specification
Please note the following minor changes to the wording in the specification:
- GN1 (FN1 SN1) the cards will be marked separately out of 10 for communication.
- GN2 (FN2 SN2) the essay will be marked out of 10 for quality and then doubled but following Ofqual scrutiny recommendations, it will NOT now be possible to award half marks.
- GN3 (FN3 SN3) The communication marks for the exposé will now be out of 30 (10 for communication and quality of content of expose; 10 for quality of discussion and 10 for overall quality of communication). The discussion following the expose will last a maximum of 10 minutes.
- GN4 (FN4 SN4) Please note that, as stated in the specification, in Unit 4 the Listening and Responding will comprise comprehension tasks answered in English/Welsh and the Reading and Responding will contain 1 or 2 passages with comprehension tasks, some of which will be answered in English/Welsh.
- Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- List of prescribed books, films and regions - 2013 and 2014
- GCE Specifications: UMS Table
- Allocation of Uniform Marks in GCE
- MFL Bulletin 4
Specimen Assessment Materials
Teacher Guidance Notes
- Past papers and marking schemes are free of charge for teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- A wide range of supporting materials are available free of charge via NGfL-Cymru.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Karl Sage - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5124
Claire Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5031