To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCSE Geology qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
The WJEC GCSE Geology Specification covers the following content:
- Rock Exposures
- Landscape-formation processes
- Understanding the Earth
- Major geological events
- Earth events
- Professional Geoscientists.
This qualification is popular with centres for a number of reasons:
- The clarity of the Specification
- The quality of teacher support and guidance
- The reliability of examining
- Friendly approach of WJEC staff.
Centres intending to use the Option 1 task will require specimens and should contact Jonathan Owen or Sarah Price to arrange for them to be despatched. You are reminded that all other materials will be downloaded from the Secure Website from October 2013.
Principal Examiners’ Report.
The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
There will be no face to face CPD in 2013-14. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
On-screen exam - Wednesday 21 May 2014.
Option 1 and 2 controlled assessments - To be submitted to moderator by 5 May 2014.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
- The GCSE Specification and Specimen Assessment Materials are available under "Documents".
For further information, please contact:
Subject Officer - Jonathan Owen
Telephone: 029 2026 5057
Subject Support Officer - Sarah Price
Telephone: 029 2026 5103