To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Geography GCE A/AS
Level 3 Certificate in Statistical Problem Solving using Software (QCF)
This Level 3 qualification focuses on using statistical software for problem solving.
More information about Statistical Problem Solving using Software Pathways (QCF)
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE and GCSE Geography qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales
CPD events for the next academic year: examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
Here is a link to the UMS/Raw mark comparison and Grade boundaries
As you might know, it has been decided that the January GCE assessment opportunity should no longer be available in England. This applies to all awarding organisations. The January 2013 series was consequently the last GCE winter examination series in England. We await a decision on the future of the January assessment opportunity for centres in Wales and elsewhere shortly.
You will be aware that a number of other changes to the content, structure and operation of GCE exams are being discussed by government and the regulatory authorities. We shall inform you of the outcome of these discussions as soon as we know more.
The Geography G4 Pre release booklet is now available. Hard copies have been sent on Monday 25 February to centres with entries.
The Geography G4 Pre release booklet is now available. Hard copies have been sent on Friday 16 November to centres with entries.
G3B Important note – re-sit candidates:
This WJEC circular was sent to Centres in July 2012. This concerns candidates who wish to re-sit the G3B examination. They must study the prescribed topic for the year in which they take the examination. It also notes that the correct, current topics must be used.
Course dates of CPD meetings for the academic year 2012-13 are available here
- G4 Sustainability-sugggestions on using the pre release material
- G3 Section B Research Topic Areas for January and June 2013
- Geography GCE G3B - Suggested topic titles 2013
G3B Candidates' Individual Project Approval Form (amended)
The 2010 CPD (Inset) material is available for teachers to access on the CPD section of the Secure Website. If you do not yet have access to the secure website click here for further details
- 4 Student Unit Guides G1-G4 published by Philip Allan. To order these books send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Professional Development
- Part 1 of the Teachers' Guide
- Part 2 of the Teachers' Guide and further guidance for G3B is now available.
- G1 Investigating Tectonic Change
- New resource for G3 Section A - Emerging Superpowers: India and China-Gill Miller and Sue Warn ISBN 978-1-84377-253-8 (See Page 9 Secondary geography resources 2010)
- Enquiry Approach - Essential guidance for G1, G2 (Q3) and G3B
- GCE Command Words
- Other resources are available here
Some useful networking sites mentioned at INSET that may be of help to teachers are:
- A wide range of dedicated resources are available free of charge via the NGFL website.
Investigating climate change
- Investigating tectonic and hydrological change
- G2 Investigating population change
- Investigating settlement change
- G3 Development
- New NGFL Rhannu website development.
- Key Stage 5 wiki for the WJEC A level
- Royal Geographical Society
- Geographical Association Home Page
- Geographical Association
- The A Level Geography magazine is published online by the Canolfan Adnoddau Addysg at the following website
- A wide range of resources are also available free of charge via NGfL-Cymru. Past papers and marking schemes for the new specification are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website. Further resources are available through our online Shop.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Doogan - Geography Subject Officer
Tel: 029 2026 5158
Steve James - Geography Subject Support Officer
Tel: 029 2026 5029