To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
WJEC offers Geography qualifications at GCSE and A level to schools and colleges across England, Wales and elsewhere.
Our subject specialists and administrative staff offer an approachable, personal service. Our support materials which include free digital resources, past papers and teachers’ guides along with a comprehensive Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme, help teachers improve standards in the classroom and deliver our specifications in the most effective way.
WJEC to attend GA Annual Conference 2014
We’re delighted to be exhibiting at the Geographical Association’s Annual Conference and Exhibition at the University of Surrey, Guildford on 14 – 16 March 2014.
Visit Stand 60, where our specialist subject officers will be on hand to update you on GCSE Reform in England and to explain how these changes will be affecting Geography students and teachers. We will also be sharing with you details of developments to specifications. There will be an opportunity too for you to see first-hand our innovative digital educational resources which are designed to support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC.
For a full Conference programme, visit the Geographical Association’s website.
• Specification is clear and logically structured.
• Two units respectively provide breadth and depth of study.
• Allows students to explore both traditional and contemporary geographical themes.
• Content emphasises geographical futures and encourages students to apply their understanding of current trends.
• Develops students’ evaluative and forecasting skills as they must identify alternate future scenarios and evaluate their sustainability.
• Extensive resources and support provided.
• Specification is divided into three compulsory themes.
• Content focuses on physical environmental processes, environmental management and geographical issues for today’s generation.
• Encourages students to assess geographical issues in a wider context and adopt key stakeholder viewpoints.
• Develops and refines the student’s problem solving and decision making skills.
• Specification is divided into 2 AS core units Physical and Human
• The A2 section covers a choice of contemporary themes and research and a unit on sustainability
• Content explores complex concepts and issues that exist on a local and global scale, with key focus on physical, environmental and human processes.
• Designed to recognise the vital role of geography in the 21st century curriculum.
• Substantial list of resources to support the specification.
Alison Doogan - Subject Officer (GCE Only)
Telephone: 029 2026 5158
Andrew Owen - Subject Officer (GCSE Only)
Telephone: 029 2026 5114
Steve James - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5029
Andrew Williams - Subject Support Officer (GCSE Specification B)
Telephone: 029 2026 5141