To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
English Literature GCSE
Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be published shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
- NEW: GCSE Englishes bulletin no 95 (12.04.13)
- NEW: Examiners' Report January 2013
- Important dates 2012-2013
- Checklist for Controlled Assessment Samples
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar assessment (GCSE English Literature)
- Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- Explanation of results - GCSE
- Unitised Assessment Regulations
- Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for GCSE unitised specifications
- Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, qualifications in both England and Wales which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both countries. In common with other awarding organisations, WJEC was recently asked to revise GCSE specifications to make the assessment linear.
Controlled Assessment Tasks: Centres are reminded that controlled assessment tasks for assessment in 2014 are now available on WJEC's secure website.
Specifications and Specimen Assessment Materials
Specimen written papers and marking schemes are contained in Specimen Assessment Materials.
- GCSE English Language
- GCSE English
- GCSE English Literature
Controlled Assessment Exemplar Material (with marks and commentary provided by the Principal Moderator) is now available.
Key Features of WJEC Provision
- Direct email contact with subject officers and administrative support
- Regular updates via e-mail bulletins webpages
- Straightforward, efficient administration
- CPD offered across England and Wales
- Teaching and learning resources available from secure website
- Past papers and marking schemes available from secure website
- Item level data available from secure website
For further information, please contact:
Nancy Hutt - Subject Officer, GCSE English Literature
Telephone: 029 2026 5374
Kirsten Wilcock - Subject Officer, GCSE English/English Language
Telephone: 029 2026 5023
Matt Oatley - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5054
Charlotte Dix - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5051