To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
& English Language GCSE
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, qualifications in both England and Wales which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both countries.
- Online examination review
- GCSE Reforms in England (English language and English literature)
- Qualification Reform in Wales
- Changes to early entry at GCSE in England
- Changes to GCSE English and English Language speaking and listening in England
- English Language GCSE in Wales
- Strengthened GCSE English Literature
- Specimen Assessment Materials
- Examiners' Reports
- Grade boundary information
- Explanation of results - GCSE
- Controlled Assessment Tasks (2016)
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar assessment (GCSE English Literature)
- Unitised Assessment Regulations
- Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for GCSE unitised specifications
- Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations
- NEW: GCSE Englishes bulletin no 97E - centres in England (20.02.2014)
- NEW: GCSE Englishes bulletin no 97W - centres in Wales (20.02.2014)
In common with other awarding organisations, WJEC was recently asked to revise GCSE specifications for centres in England to make the assessment linear.
We are pleased to inform you that WJEC’s strengthened GCSE English Literature specification for first award in 2015 has been accredited. A leaflet detailing the changes and giving the answers to a number of questions teachers may ask may be found here. In addition, the amended specification and sample assessment materials may be found here. Teachers' guides are also available.
Welcome to the seventh edition of i.e. the English online magazine.
Please let us know what you think!
Previous issues are available here.
Controlled Assessment Exemplar Material (with marks and commentary provided by the Principal Moderator) is now available.
Key Features of WJEC Provision
- Direct email contact with subject officers and administrative support
- Regular updates via e-mail bulletins webpages
- Straightforward, efficient administration
- CPD offered across England and Wales
- Teaching and learning resources available from secure website
- Past papers and marking schemes available from secure website
- Item level data available from secure website
For further information, please contact:
Nancy Hutt - Subject Officer, GCSE English Literature
Telephone: 029 2026 5374
Kirsten Wilcock- Subject Officer, GCSE English/English Language
Telephone: 029 2026 5023
Matt Oatley - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5054
Charlotte Dix - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5051