To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Economics GCE A/AS
This specification provides students with a coherent combination of micro and macro content. It allows students to critically explore a range of economic issues and draw on data from local, national and international sources. The specification provides a suitable foundation for the study of economics or a related area in a range of higher education courses.
The specification is divided into a total of four externally assessed units.
- New! The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the January 2014 series of examinations, is now available. (6 March 2014)
- Online Exam Review CPD is now available for summer 2013.
Raw/UMS grade boundaries January 2014 are now available.
Principal Examiners' Report
The Principal Examiners' report provides feedback on the January 2014 series of examinations.
Centres should read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing students for the next series of examinations.
Continuing Professional Development
Continuing Professional Development materials, including exemplar material, and support materials are now available on the secure website.
The GCE Economics summer 2013 Online Exam Review is now available.
Further information about WJEC'S CPD programme is available from Continuing Professional Development.
- Raw/UMS grade boundaries for January 2014.
- Past papers and marking schemes for the current specification are available free of charge to teaching staff on our secure website.
- Further resources are available through our online shop.
- Principal Examiner's Report.
For further information, please contact:
Stephen Oliver - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5038
Sally Griffiths- Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5332