To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE and GCSE Drama qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
Principal Examiners' Report
The Principal Examiners' Report providing feedback on the Summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observation and commenatry on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
Continuing Professional Development
The internal assessment standardising continuing professional development programme for the 2013 – 2014 academic year is now open for bookings. These events are free of charge, but please note that attendance is limited to one member of staff per centre for each subject. Additional members of staff may attend on payment of a £30 per head administration fee. Examination review will be provided online. A presentation giving details of this provision is now available on the website.
WJEC linear GCSE Drama approved
In common with other awarding organisations, WJEC was recently asked to revise GCSE specifications to make the assessment linear.
We are pleased to announce that WJEC linear GCSE specification in Drama has been approved by the regulators.
The subject content remains exactly the same. The only difference is that in linear specifications all examinations must be taken at the end of the course. You may view the revised specification here.
- ALL centres in England will be required to use linear GCSE specifications from first award in 2014 (first teaching of two-year courses in September 2012).
In Wales, centres will be able to choose to follow either of the two options available for courses starting from September 2012:
- linear specifications (first award summer 2014), where candidates sit all their exams at the end of the course.
- existing unitised specifications where assessment may be taken in separate units at stages during the course as is currently the case.
- WJEC is offering both linear and unitised specifications.
- The content of the two options is the same; the only difference is that in linear assessment all examinations must be taken at the end of the course.
Subscribe to the Drama bulletin at the foot of this page.
- Unit 1: Controlled Assessment (Circ. 71)
- Unit 1: Devised Practical Performance for assessment in 2013 and 2014 (Circ. 62)
- Unit 1: Devised Practical Performance for assessment in 2015 and 2016 (Circ. 59)
- Unit 2: Performance from a Text (Circ. 19)
- Unit 3: Change of texts (Circ. 95)
- Teachers' Guide
- Key Dates 2013/14
- Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations
Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for GCSE unitised specifications:
Unitised Specifications - GCSE Video
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks
For further information, please contact:
Catherine Webster - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5316
Angela Perkins - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5176