To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Human Biology GCE A/AS
The WJEC Human Biology specification is accredited for courses starting in September 2008 (first AS Award 2009, first A Level Award 2010). The specification and specimen assessment materials are available for download.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Human Biology qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
- Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be published shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
- The answer booklet specifically for the use with GCE practical units BY3 and BY6 is now available here.
- The amended marking scheme for the Biology practical units BY3 and BY6 (including fieldwork) are available for the WJEC Secure Website. The Teachers' Guide will be updated in due course.
- We are pleased to announce that the Teachers' Guide to the new WJEC specification 2009-2010 is now available to download.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks
- Please follow this link to obtain the Raw / UMS grade boundaries.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Liane Adams - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5126
Lowri Evans - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5140