To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Computing GCE A/AS
The new GCE Computing specification has a four unit structure: two units at AS and two units at A2.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Computing qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
NEW: The CG2 scenario for candidates taking the examination in the summer of 2014 is available for download.
- The specification along with specimen assessment materials are available for download.
- A Teachers Guide is available for download.
- Coursework forms are available for download.
- Principal Examiners’ ReportThe Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on the Secure Website, or through the online shop.
- Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
Continuing Professional Development
The internal assessment standardising continuing professional development programme for the 2013 – 2014 academic year is now open for bookings. These events are free of charge, but please note that attendance is limited to one member of staff per centre for each subject. Additional members of staff may attend on payment of a £30 per head administration fee. Examination review will be provided online. A presentation giving details of this provision is now available on the website.
CPD materials are available on our secure website (Resources PDF Download, CPD materials).
For further information, please contact:
Ian Gillam - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5137
Clare Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5059