To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Welcome to Media Studies at WJEC, a popular and student-centred subject which aims to ask questions about the role the media plays in all our lives. At WJEC, Media Studies is offered at:
- Entry Pathways (5 units, 100% internal assessment)
- GCSE (New Specification) (40% examination, 60% internal assessment)
- AS/A Level (New Specification) (50% examination, 50% internal assessment)
- Principal Learning - Creative and Media (Advanced, Higher, Foundation)
- Level 1/2 Award and Certificate in Creative and Media
All these specifications are available. For further details, visit the specific page for the qualification you are interested in.
Media Studies Specifications
The Media Studies specifications have proved popular with centres. Some of the reasons are:
- clear and accessible specifications and assessment materials
- a high quality of Professional Development to support teachers
- reliable examining and moderation
- approachable staff
- Past papers and marking schemes are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.