To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
History GCE A/AS
Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations.
Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be published shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
- WJEC are pleased to announce that the GCE History AS units, HY1 and HY2 have recently been accredited by the examinations regulator, OFQUAL. These changes result from recommendations following a scrutiny of the subject in 2009. They apply for first teaching from September 2012. The first examinations in the amended style will be available in May 2013.Changes apply to all the HY1 options and all the HY2 options. The amended specification and the amended specimen assessment materials are available now on the WJEC website. Please click here.The materials are currently being translated into Welsh.
- Support from the recent round of CPD is now available with spoken commentary, this may be accessed via the 'History Videos' link to the left.
- A wide range of resources are available free of charge via NGfL-Cymru.
- Past papers and marking schemes are available for free to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks
For further information, please contact:
Phil Star - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5125
Greg Lewis - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5035