To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Personal and Social Education GCSE (Short course)
The specification aims to support the Personal and Social Education framework for 7 to 19 year-olds in Wales by offering recognition of achievement by students in this area of the curriculum through a GCSE qualification.
This GCSE Short Course is currently accredited for use in Wales only.
NEW: Please note that the Welsh Assembly Government's 10 Entitlements which is mentioned on page 7 of the specification, has now been replaced by its Seven Core Aims. Further details about the Seven Core Aims
- Personal and Social Education GCSE (Short course) documents are available online.
- Controlled Assessment forms are available online.
- Controlled Assessment stimulus task and criteria for 2012 & 2013
- Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks
Teachers are advised to read pages 13 to 16 of the specification for detailed advice relating to the administration of the Unit 2 controlled assessment.
Continuing Professional Development
Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be issued shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
CPD materials are available on our secure website (Resources PDF Download, CPD materials).
- PS for Teachers is a bilingual site providing teaching resources to engage young people in Personal and Social Education.
For further information, please contact:
Mike Neale - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5315
Clare Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 20265059