To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Chemistry GCE A/AS
- Techniquest in conjunction with WJEC will be holding the following events in November:
Event Title: Are you happy with your A level science teaching?
For more information and to book please use the following links:
Techniquest Cardiff – Monday 9 December
Techniquest Glyndwr – Tuesday 10 December
- As per the recently despatched Circular No.12 centres are now required to provide the dates on which practical assessments to be submitted in May 2014 are to be carried out. Please contact WJEC urgently if this information has not been received.
Principal Examiners’ Report
The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Chemistry qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
Please follow this link to find all recent Raw / UMS grade boundaries.
There will be no face-to-face CPD from September 2013. A detailed review of the summer papers, including exemplar responses and examiner comments, will be provided online. A presentation outlining this provision is now available on the website.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
- Please follow this link to find all recent Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- Past papers and marking schemes for the existing specification are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Jonathan Owen - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5057
Matthew Roberts - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5380