To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Biology GCE A/AS
Principal Examiners’ Report
The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Biology qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
Techniquest in conjunction with WJEC will be holding the following events in December:
Event Title: Are you happy with your A level science teaching?
For more information and to book please use the following links:
- As per the recently despatched Circular No.11 centres are now required to provide the dates on which practical assessments to be submitted in May 2014 are to be carried out. Please contact WJEC urgently if this information has not been received.
- The answer booklet specifically for the use with GCE practical units BY3 and BY6 is now available.
- Resources for BY2 are now available.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
There will be no face-to-face CPD from September 2013. A detailed review of the summer papers, including exemplar responses and examiner comments, will be provided online. A presentation outlining this provision is now available on the website.
Grade Boundaries (UMS / Raw Marks)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
- The Second Edition of the Student Revision Guides are available from the bookshop.
- Past papers and marking schemes for the previous specification are still available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Liane Adams - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5126
Lowri Evans - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5140