To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Biology GCE A/AS
The WJEC Biology specification is accredited for courses starting in September 2008 (first AS Award 2009, first A Level Award 2010). The specification and final versions of specimen assessment materials are available for download here.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Biology qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
- Dates for internal assessment standardising CPD for the next academic year will be published shortly. Examination review will be provided online; further details will be issued in due course.
- The welsh version of the January 2013 marking scheme is now available from the secure website.
- The answer booklet specifically for the use with GCE practical units BY3 and BY6 is now available here.
- Resources for BY2 are now available.
- An updated version of the GCE Biology and Human Biology teachers' guide is now available to download. Please note, most changes are involved with practical marking.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
- Please follow this link to obtain the Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- The Second Edition of the Student Revision Guides are available from the bookshop.
- Past papers and marking schemes for the previous specification are still available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Liane Adams - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5126
Lowri Evans - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5140