Training Packs - Welsh - KS3/KS4
This pack contains guidance for literacy co-ordinators working with learners in the 3-16 age group. It includes units on:
- the ‘external’ context which influences the way the development of literacy is prioritised in schools
- the role of the literacy co-ordinator
- developing literacy at the Foundation Stage
- developing literacy at KS2, with particular emphasis on advanced reading skills
- developing writing at KS2/3.
This electronic version also provides users with the opportunity to access a number of other important publications referred to in the pack.
These are the PowerPoint presentations used in the conferences on the 24th and 25th April:
- Betsi Cadwaladr - Ysgrifennu Adroddiad
- Effaith Llafaredd ar ddarllen ac ysgrifennu
- Hybu sgiliau Darllen
- Poster - sesiynau Blasu
- Tasg cywiro
- Y Cynllun Sabothol Cenedlaethol
- Llythrennedd a Pherfformiad Bechgyn
This pack is a Welsh language publication.
This resource offers guidance to analysing literature in Key Stage 3 as wellas preparing pupils for Key Stage 4 and 5 by exemplifying how to study and discuss text.
Codi Safonau Llythrennedd - Dulliau o Gynnig Adborth i Godi Safonau Ysgrifennu *
This pack illustrates the way in which giving constructive feedback to pupils on their written work can help raise standards. There are examples of pupils' work from several secondary schools in Wales.
Datblygu Gwaith Trafod Mewn Grŵp
This pack offers general guidelines on holding group discussions accompanied by ideas for assessing this important element of oracy. This is all supported by practical ideas for use in the classroom.
Arfer Dda: DVD
This DVD includes eight films of examplar lessons which exhibit good practice in classes of different age groups in various contexts in Wales.