To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
This part of the website is for exam officers in schools, colleges and other institutions which enter candidates for WJEC examinations.
GCSE Results – Thursday 22 August
Centres are advised that the following arrangements will apply with regard to the publication of GCSE English/English Language results from the January 2013 series:
1. Centres will receive a separate A2C/EDI file for the January 2013 series, in addition to the main file of summer results. This file will contain the January UMS & unit grade information for English/English Language only. The January results file, along with the summer file, will be available to download from 00.01 on Wednesday 21 August. The usual rules apply regarding the issue of results to candidates - i.e. Thursday 22nd August.
2. The results pages of the walled garden for the January 2013 series will be refreshed to include the updated information for English and English Language. The walled garden results will therefore show the complete results for all candidates in this series.
November 2013 and January/June 2014 Exam Timetables
The final timetables for the November 2013 and January/June 2014 examination series have now been published.
As a consequence of the Ofqual decision to discontinue the January GCE/GCSE series, the January 2014 GCE and GCSE timetables will not apply to centres based in England.
Examinations during severe weather conditions and periods of disruption
- Questions and answers for school and college managers about the exams
- Questions and Answers for parents and students
- JCQ Advice to centres - severe weather conditions
Errors in Question Papers
In the unlikely event that a centre identifies an error within a WJEC question paper, or within related assessment material information can be found at the following link.
Unitised Specifications - GCSE
Video explaining entry and re-sit rules for GCSE unitised specifications:
Unitised Specifications - GCSE video
Copies of all important WJEC documents are available in the documents section of this page.
A wide range of documentation relating to common administrative processes across all general qualification awarding bodies can be found on the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) website.
WJEC secure website
The WJECs secure website (available only to examination centres and for which separate registration is required) offers a range of additional materials, including past papers free of charge, and enables exam officers to conduct certain online transactions.
WJEC also operates an annual programme of training for both new and experienced exams officers – details of which will be advertised on this website, under 'Professional Development'.