To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Physics GCE A/AS
- Online examination review – now available
This resource allows you to analyse results and identify strengths and weaknesses. Key questions have been selected for each unit from the Summer 2013 series and exemplar pupil responses provided, along with feedback from the principal examiner.
- As per the recently despatched Circular No.13 centres are now required to provide the times on which practical assessments to be submitted in May 2014 are to be carried out. Please contact WJEC urgently if this information has not been received.
Principal Examiners’ Report
The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Physics qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
Please follow this link to obtain the Raw / UMS grade boundaries.
Key Internal Assessment Dates 2013-2014
- Preliminary entries deadline for PH3 and PH6 - October 2013
- Confidential Instructions for PH3 sent to centres - February 2014
- Confidential Instructions for PH6 sent to centres - December 2013
- PH3: 1st and 2nd May 2014
- PH6: Investigative Task 18th and 19th March 2014
- PH6: Data Analysis Task 14th March 2014
There will be no face-to-face CPD from September 2013. A detailed review of the summer papers, including exemplar responses and examiner comments, will be provided online. A presentation outlining this provision is now available on the website.
- Welsh version of the Summer 2013 marking scheme is now available from the secure website.
- Word versions of the Teacher's Guide and all other downloads can be downloaded here.
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks.
- Please follow this link to obtain the Raw / UMS grade boundaries
- Past papers and marking schemes for the current specification are available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources are available through our online Shop.
For further information, please contact:
Helen Francis - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5081
Matthew Roberts - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5380