To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Sociology GCE A/AS
WJEC provides, and will continue to provide, GCE Sociology qualifications which meet the needs of teachers and the requirements of regulators in both England and Wales.
The Principal Examiners' report, providing feedback on the summer 2013 series of examinations, is now available. Centres are advised to read the report carefully as it provides helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next series of examinations.
Exciting new GCE Sociology resources available free of charge on the NGfL Cymru website.
Presentation explaining the use of item level data from WJEC examinations.
- Detailed schemes of work - A series of supporting materials that cover sociology of the family, health, religion, education and many more.
- Ebook (AS) - This is a comprehensive and fully interactive resource that covers the most popular options for AS Sociology (2010 specifications)
- Ebook (A2) - This is a comprehensive and fully interactive resource that covers the most popular options for A2 Sociology (2010 specifications).
- Sociology of Education - It covers the main topics of the WJEC specification in GCE AS Sociology for the topic Understanding Education on the SY2 paper. Teachers may download and edit the material or adapt it for use in a VLE.
- New Cynnal Ebook resources: Mass Media; Policing.
As well as
- Past papers and marking schemes available free of charge to teaching staff on our Secure Website.
- Further resources available through our online Shop including our New Study and Revision Guide
Uniform Marks (UMS)
Information on how raw marks are converted to uniform marks may may be found in the following document - Uniform Marks (UMS)
Face-to-face continuing professional development is limited to internal assessment standardising in relevant subjects in the coming academic year. Examination review will be provided online; a presentation giving details of this provision is now available on the website.
For further information, please contact:
Joanna Lewis - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5167
Paul Bradley - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5183