To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Essential Skills Wales
Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualifications consist of Application of Number, Communication and ICT.
Each skill will be assessed at levels 1-4 via an internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio. For ESW Entry, awarding bodies can determine their own method of assessment. WJEC’s are task-based controlled assessments with the option for centres to devise their own.
To support centres, WJEC
- has distributed Essential Skills Wales Publications on CD
- has produced ‘Example’ portfolios
- offers centre-support visits and centre-based CPD
- has produced practice tasks for ESW Entry
Centres are reminded to complete and return their 2013/2014 Centre Registration form to WJEC's Key/Essential Skills Wales Unit.
Wider Key Skills – Improving Own Learning and Performance, Working with Others and Problem Solving - will now remain unchanged until 2014 at which time revised standards may be introduced.
For further information, please contact:
Bryan Davies - Head of the Key/Essential Skills Wales Unit
Telephone: 029 2026 5100/5172/5032/5382
Fax: 029 2026 5098
Support visits and centre-based INSET are available on request. For further details and for general enquiries, please e-mail the Key/Essential Skills Wales Unit.
- Dates and Arrangements for 2013/2014
- Continuing Professional Development
- Entry Codes
- Key and Essential Skills Wales Qualification Numbers